Best Western Sunset Plaza, Los Angeles
I was really looking forward to my trip to LA as part of a 2 week California tour but people kept telling me Los Angeles was a dump and I wasn’t going to like it. They were so wrong as it was one of my favourite places when travelling in USA.
Yes downtown LA is a little scruffy in parts with more homeless people but the rest of it was fine. I stayed on Sunset Boulevard which I had imagined to be like Blackpool, I don’t know why but I was expecting loud drunks, loud bars, neon lights, but it was nothing like that.
It was so clean, seemed quiet though must admit I didn’t go out after midnight so it might get louder but I generally felt really safe.
If you are planning a visit to LA use the search box below or my favourite links to find the best prices for accommodation in Los Angeles. I would actually recommend Best Western Sunset Plaza as I loved the location, breakfast and bedrooms.
2. Great air con
3. Vending machine in corridor that actually worked to get snack, water, drinks
4. A ice machine in corridor
5. A change machine for the vending machine
6. Outside pool was lush, so warm and relaxing
7. There was a resident squirrel, one morning we had breakfast outside and I fed the birds and squirrel it was amazing, the squirrel just sat right by me and ate, wish I had my camera with me
8. Breakfast room was quite small but you could get your food and take it to your room, outside by their pool or to another dining room, so many breakfast options fresh fruit, pastries, yoghurts, breads, eggs, bagels, bacon, sausages, sausage patties, eggs and you could even have fresh waffles all absolutely delicious
9. Complimentary tea and coffee all day in the hospitality room to help yourself to
10. Staff were great from housekeeping to front desk so helpful and friendly
11. It was so clean
12. It was quiet
13. Hotel doesn’t have onsite restaurant you ring the restaurant opposite saddle ranch, and they deliver this too was amazing i had my first french dip and fell it love! They gave us complimentary scones which I thought was a starter so ate it before realising it was supposed to be pudding. We also visited this bar it was great I loved the giant sized candy floss which were bigger than peoples heads.
14. Great location
15. The famous Carneys Restaurant is opposite that claims to have the best hamburgers and hotdogs in Hollywood. We had to sample and they were good
If you like what you see please share. If you are visiting LA then pin this for future reference.