Sponsored post guidelines
A sponsored post is when a blogger receives payment to publish an article provided by the sponsor or written by the blogger, but includes at least one contextual link.
If you want me to do a sponsored post it will include a disclosure and a no follow link.
Travel to Recovery is open to offers of free accommodation, travel, and travel experiences, in return for promotion on my website.
If you send me a product or invite me on a trip, the understanding is that if I don’t like it, I won’t write about it. If I write about it, I like it. If I don’t like it I will contact with reasons why, as it is possible the problem could be rectified.
I am not interested in link exchanges, unless your site is of obvious relevance to my readers, in which case, I may charge you.
Trust and authenticity are important to me, I will not intentionally mislead my readers therefore I will only accept sponsored posts that will provide value to my readers and content.
Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) states
“Ads must be clearly identifiable as such. Put simply, a blogger who is given money to promote a product or service has to ensure readers are aware they’re being advertised to.”
I will not include a do follow link for sponsored posts so please don’t ask. I also will not remove the discloser to my readers so if you are looking for this then please look for another blogger.
What I can offer
- Promote on my blog with a blog post, competition, review, or an advertisement.
- Provide content, such as a post or article, for your blog and website;
- Tweet about the sponsor
- Wear branded clothing at events (limited to branded T-shirts, badges
- Shared via the Travel Bloggers Influencer Network – #TBIN. A select group of 60+ travel writers, bloggers, and photographers. TBIN members have an impressive 4+ million social media followers and with their collective exponential influence more than 25 million reach per week.
- I can offer the link to the unpublished post prior to publication for evaluation but you will need to request this, otherwise I will publish and send the link
Sponsored Post will
- At all times comply with the British Code of Advertising Practice, the recommended standards produced by the Advertising Association and all other relevant advertising standards guidelines and regulations
- Be original content and not published anywhere else unless clearly stated i.e. sharing a press release information. If I later discover that I have been mislead and the content has been published elsewhere I will remove the article but keep the fee as I have completed my end of the requirements.
- Limited to 2 links per post
- Not to mislead others;
- Not to use promotional means that contain objectionable content, including but not limited to content that is misleading, libellous, defamatory, obscene, violent, bigoted, hate-oriented, illegal, and/or promoting illegal goods, services, or activities;
- Not to engage in and/or facilitate spamming, indiscriminate advertising or unsolicited commercial email; and/or
- On site for 1 year unless prior agreement for different terms, these will need to be in writing and agreed by myself
Banner Advertisements will run on a calendar monthly basis.
Payment prior to publication or within 15 business days of agreed publication date otherwise post will be removed.
If it is your company policy to pay invoices 30 days after issue you need to make this clear in the proposal stage.