Just a quickie Friday 26th is celebrating the exciting Cargo 2 Launch at Wapping Wharf. I would definitely recommend trying to get here this bank holiday weekend as I just love this new urban style eating area in Bristol.
On Friday 26th 5pm to 8pm the retailers are offering tasters and samples as well as discounts and many offers. There is even going to be some surprise entertainment.
I am going to sample some of these delights but wanted to get this post out there quickly as it looks as though its going to be a great event. I will share with you next week all the yummy things I got to try but here are some things that are going on if you get chance to visit :
- Free samples and tasters from retailers including The Bristol Cheesemonger and Cargo Cantina, which will be offering taco tasters. The Athenian will be offering free souvlaki wraps all day.
- The first 50 people through the Mabboo shop after 5pm will receive a free bamboo gift. Any customer spending £30 or over will also receive a free bamboo gift, from 5pm-8pm.
- Spuntino will have a tombola with prizes up for grabs and will be giving out vouchers.
- Pure Yoga will be hosting free taster sessions from 2pm until 4.45pm. Please book in advance by emailing email@example.com or calling 07779 686711.
- Loop Massage will be offering a third off massages booked over the bank holiday weekend, starting on Friday evening, plus there will be 10 per cent of all Loop products. Follow @loopmassage on Instagram for more giveaways over the weekend.
- Gopal’s Curry Shack will be offering a free samosa to the first 25 people through the door after 5pm.
- John Kelly 1880+ will be running offers from the start of business on Friday until the close of business on Sunday. The offers will be: a 5% discount on purchases up to £100 and a 10% discount on purchases of £100 or more.
I visited Wapping Wharf for the launch of Cargo 1 and loved what was on offer. You can see my review when I went last time but be warned as it will make you hungry. The following are already open and are amazing so make sure you try and visit over the summer. Woky Ko, Chicken Shed, Shambarber, The Mighty Quinns Flower Emporium, PIGSTY, Bristol Cider Shop, BOX-E, Lovett Pies and Corks of Cargo. Mokoko, Better Food, Bertha’s Pizza, Little Victories, Fig 1 and Wild Beer Co.
The businesses confirmed as joining CARGO 2 are:
- Big Juice – Big Juice will provide nutritional, freshly-prepared fruit and vegetable juices and smoothies
- Cargo Cantina – Sister restaurant to Bristol favourite, Bravas, Cargo Cantina is a taco bar inspired by the cantinas of Mexico City.
- CUPP Bubble Tea – CUPP specialises in authentic Taiwanese bubble tea and noodles. CARGO will be CUPP’s third opening in Bristol.
- Gopal’s Curry Shack – Gopal’s serves vibrant and creative Indian inspired street food with a seasonal British twist.
- John Kelly 1880+ – Selling design-led jewellery, silver and metalware, circa 1880 to the present day, with a slant toward post-war Scandinavian and British design.
- Loop Massage – Loop is a small, perfectly formed oasis of calm, offering bespoke, affordable massage to the people of Bristol.
- Mabboo – Mabboo is an independent Bristol-based retailer specialising solely in clothing and accessories made using the world’s most sustainable plant, Bamboo.
- Pure Yoga – Pure Yoga offers lunchtime express classes as well as early morning and evening classes for all levels.
- Oliver’s Ice Cream Ltd – Oliver’s is coming to CARGO with a proven track record in making artisan Italian ice cream (gelato) and sorbets from almost entirely natural ingredients.
- Spuntino – Meaning “snack” in Italian, Spuntino specialises in small plates of Italian-influenced New York comfort food, set in a charming and elegant interior inspired by the roadside diners of 1950s America.
- TARE – TARE is a 20-cover restaurant, with a menu regularly changing throughout the year allowing the team to work with the season’s best local produce.
- Salt & Malt – Chef and restaurateur, Josh Eggleton, will open a second Salt & Malt, serving signature gluten free fish and chips, as well as holding popup events and tasting menus. Salt & Malt Cargo will include an outdoor terrace with stunning views of The Matthew and Bristol’s Floating Harbour.
- Sholay – The owners of The Mint Room are set to open a modern new, casual dining concept called Sholay Indian Kitchen.
- The Athenian – The Athenian is a street food endeavour following in the steps of traditional Greek souvlaki.
- The Pickled Brisket – Bristol’s first dedicated salt beef bar, serving locally-sourced hot salt beef sandwiches.
- The Bristol Cheesmonger – The Bristol Cheesemonger is a small independent business specialising in local and UK territorial cheeses.
- A new venture from Brace & Browns will be “the fancier, younger and sexier cousin of Brace & Browns”, bringing plush cocktails and a new sharing style of eating to the scene.
Information provided by Spirit Public Relations.